Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush: Plum Wine

There have been an overwhelming amount of new products that have been released recently at the drugstore. I've been picking up a lot of them, I just can't resist a new product, especially the unique ones! This one is definitely one of those unique ones. It's called Dream Bouncy Blush by Maybelline. Now, I'm wondering if these are going to replace the Dream Mousse Blushes since most of them were on sale in the massive CVS clearance sale. I'm not sure about that, just a thought, but either way both products are very different in consistency for sure.


Make sure you click "read more" to see more pictures and read all my thoughts.

This is not a cream, not a liquid, and not a mousse product. It is in a category all on it's own. It's not really "bouncy" though, because once you put your finger in the product your finger print stays there.  What I do find really nice is that you get just the right amount of product on your cheeks because of the consistency. Since it's not cream, you're not dipping your finger into anything and you don't have to worry about grabbing too much. You just rub or dab your finger on the blush until you have enough and then dab that your cheeks, and you can always get more. 



I've only used this once so far, over my foundation and I loved how the color looked. The only thing I didn't like was how if I touched my cheek if felt almost sticky. I suppose that would make it long wearing, but I didn't test that. But, I don't like feeling sticky and I wouldn't like the feeling that it could potentially rub off onto what I was wearing. However, I did enjoy the color and you could always put a translucent powder or similar blush color over the top to set everything. 



On the left is a more heavy swatch and on the right is a more sheer swatch that would likely be on your cheeks. It's like a deep raspberry plum, I really love the color! 

There is slight shimmer that you may be able to see here in the sunlight, but I don't think it really transfers to the sheer swatch or to your cheeks. Either way it's still a nice touch. 

I would suggest if you wanted to buy one of these to get a brighter and or darker color. The lighter colors may not have much pigmentation. 

Overall, it's a unique product, nothing that I've ever seen before. I'm glad I bought this color and I do like it. I don't think I'll be picking up any more though. I'm happy with this one. 

Have any of you see these or picked them up? What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I think I'll skip these. I'm already impressed with the Milani blushes, both the regular mineral line and the new baked ones. I think I'll either pick up more of those or get the new shades of the Physician's Formula Happy Booster ones with the cute hearts. Hey! Valentine's Day is coming up, I must have those heart blushes for that! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm not super impressed with these. Miliani is great though for sure, I love the baked blushes, from any company for that matter! I have the happy booster blush from last year, I'll have to break it out again! But, I don't need anymore! lol

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! lol They look so nice and pretty but I don't find myself reaching for this very often!

      Delete