Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vacation Outifits

I only went away for two nights and three days and although I only took my small Vera Bradley duffel, I still managed to overpack. I overestimated the amount of time we'd actually be there and the amount of clothing I'd really be wearing. 85% of the day I was in my bathing suit. I did wear two outfits one day though because after dinner it was really cool and we were going to the beach to watch the fireworks. I didn't want to wear my nice outfit so I went with my good old Hampton Beach sweatpants! (I didn't capture this outfit on film, I figured it wasn't necessary.) So, with that said, I only really have two outfits to show you. I really love them though! Hope you do too.

Necklace - Azure Triad Collar Necklace from Baublebar (comes in other colors too), Shirt- Fashion Star winning collection by Kara for H&M, Shorts - H&M, 
White tank - VS Pink, Flip flops - Old Navy. 
Hair- Air dried. Eye makeup - Mostly just L'Oreal infallible 24hr eyeshadow in 337 Endless Sea

I did something on this vacation that I never usually do which was pack some jewelry and accessories. My mom always did, just a few basics, but I never wanted to lose anything and never really cared honestly. But, this time around as I was packing and figuring out outfits, I realized I had so much jewelry that could make the outfit so much better! Truly, the right accessory can make or break an entire outfit. I usually find that my shoes, (those flip flops I always wear) don't help any of my outfits. But with jewelry especially, the possibilities are endless. You can make a bold statement or go dainty and delicate! I need to make a point of accessorizing more because I have a plethora of jewelry of all shapes, sizes, colors and styles that will go with any outfit if I just take that time to style them together!

Earrings - Sea Breeze Earrings Jewelmint, Jean Jacket - American Eagle (similar), Dress - H&M
Shoes - Target Metallic Merona Esma Sandal, Bag - Aldo, Sunglasses - Charming Charlie

I love this dress! I bought it a while back, maybe over a year ago, and this is the first time I'm wearing it! I know, that's bad, but I knew there would be a perfect time for a light weight dress, with a nautical feel. It has rope straps and ties at the waist and is super flattering! These Jewelmint earrings were the perfect match too. They're one of the original Jewelmint pieces I believe and they're always sold out. So when they were on sale a few months ago I had to finally pick them up before they were gone forever.

I am also currently obsessed with my nail polish. It's Maybelline Color Show in Orange Fix 220. I bought it new before I went away and was taking a bit of a risk trying a new formula on my toes going to the beach. My nail polish usually loses it's shine whenever I'm at the beach and it will sometimes begin to chip or at least give me some tip wear depending how long I'm there. It just kind of goes with the territory of sand and salt water. However I'm pleased to tell you that my polish is still going strong, and I can't stop looking at the color, over six days later. I did need a lot of coats though. Like A LOT. That's my one complaint. But the color is insane and perfect for summer. It's super bright, and almost neon. I used 4-5 coats with 2 top coats in between on my big toes and only two on the rest of my nails, although they could have used a third. If you don't mind seeing your nail line, minor imperfections or you have neither of those, then I wouldn't worry about piling this stuff on. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment