Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The best season for TV.... FALL!

If you don't follow me on Twitter, then you may not know that I am a massive TV junkie/enthusiast/aficionado, etc. I watch an excessive amount of television, and I'll be the first to admit it. But I'd like to think I watch a pretty wide range of genres. From trashy, reality TV, to true action packed dramas and even a few good comedies in between. Now that Fall is upon us, new seasons and new series have already begun and a handful are still on their way, which is why I decided to do this! If you're anything like me, or even if you just watch a few great shows and are looking for something new to watch, keep reading to find out what I'm loving this season!

Click "read more" to find out all the shows I'll be watching! 

This Summer, a new series, Graceland, started on the USA Network (which is one of my favorite TV networks by the way) and one beloved series came to an end, Burn Notice, also on USA. I quickly fell in love with the cast of Graceland and it was easy to love everything else as well. Since I already told you how much I love USA Network, I'll let you know I also love White Collar and Graceland is created by the creator of White Collar. So, if you're a fan of White Collar or Suites or similar shows, you will love this show, trust me!

Burn Notice came to an end, for good this Summer, which was rather difficult, after seven amazing seasons. Let it be known, the show wasn't cancelled, they just decided it was time to end it. I loved this show! Everyone in it was amazing. I thought they had an amazing ensemble cast, they always had great guest stars and it was always action packed. I had always hoped for a White Collar/Burn Notice crossover, but it was never possible because they filmed around the same schedule, and now it looks like that really can't happen. Even though the series has ended, if you're ever looking for a new show to watch, I highly suggest Burn Notice, but do yourself a favor and watch from the beginning! There's reruns on everywhere and you'll just be confused if you don't start from episode one! You need to fall in love with the characters and their stories from the beginning.

Now, before I get into this Fall 2013 line up, I need to touch on a few more shows that just came to an end. The Newsroom on HBO just ended its season, and as usual it was filled with witty humor and suspenseful newsroom drama. I thought the finale episode was a lot lighter than usual, and wasn't as cliffhangery as I would have liked, but I am still obsessed with this show! I also finished watching the entire season 1 of Do No Harm, which was on NBC, but they actually cancelled it after two episodes, which I could not comprehend when it happend. I've seen shows cancelled before, whether they were bad or not, that's not the point, but Do No Harm was given the axe after only two episodes. After the cancelation they decided to air the rest of the season on Saturday nights, since they had already filmed an entire season. I'm so glad they did this because I think the show was spectacular! I loved the cast, the concept, and how season one ended. NBC never gave them a fighting chance. They were originally on Thursday nights if I remember correctly, in the same time slot as Scandal. Anyway, if you get a chance, watch Do No Harm and let me know what you think! It's a Dr Jekyll/ Mr Hyde type situation.

Also, Rookie Blue and Pretty Little Liars recently ended their seasons. The only reason I clump these two together is because they actually had similar story lines this season. Some of you who watch one of these shows may not watch the other, which is totally understandable, especially if you're not watching PLL. Although I watch it, I'm over it. I've been watching it from the beginning so I'll keep watching, but it's getting ridiclious. Just tell us who "A" really is, and end it. Anyway, this season both PLL and Rookie Blue had little plot twists where someone who you thought was the father actually wasn't. I highly recommend Rookie Blue if you like cop shows. The cast is great and there's always a little humor involved somewhere. And as for Ezra, there's no way he's "A". The show does this all the time. Makes you believe someone is "A" but they end up only being on the "A Team" or working for "A" or just having a vendetta against one of the girls. What do you think?

Here is an excel spreadsheet (yes I took a lot of time to do this) of what I will be watching this Fall. Most of the shows have already begun, and if they haven't started yet I'll do my best to give you the most accurate information I can find!



Clearly you can see that I don't have much room on my DVR... Thursday's are going to be ROUGH to say the least. I have some though decisions to make. But, since The CW isn't on demand, which is extremely annoying and I do not understand, I usually watch those live, and the rest are on demand if I can't DVR them.

Hawaii Five-0 already started, but it moved from Monday to Friday.
Beauty and The Beast starts Monday Oct. 7th
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland premiers Thursday Oct. 10th on ABC
The new season of White Collar starts on a new night, Thursday Oct. 17th, at 9pm.

Also, have any of you heard of a new show called Surviving Jack? I just recently found out about this show and I have to say I don't have big hopes for it, but I am thrilled to see Christopher Meloni back on my TV!

Honorable mentions:
 Lucky 7 on ABC on Tuesdays at 10pm. I watched the first episode on demand and I liked it, but I don't think it's going to last. There's not much there and that's a pretty prime time slot for TV, but we'll see. I was just intrigued because I like the Maroon 5 song they used in the promos. Also, it's worth mentioning Back in The Game on ABC is on at 8pm and I found it to be super funny! I'm not exactly into sitcoms, but the cast is great in this one is super witty.

And, in the interest of full disclosure, I feel like I should mention I also watch a few Real Housewives, just not as regularly as I used to. I'm partial to New Jersey, but also watch Beverly Hills and New York too.

There are a host of other TV shows I watch whenever I'm searching for something to watch and there's nothing else on, like reruns of Law and Order (SVU or otherwise), Storage Wars, American Pickers, a random reality show I've never watched before and then become hooked on (such as the horrible Princesses Long Island.)

So, what are your favorite series? What new shows are you looking forward to this season?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment